So over the last week or so I’ve decided to smash out a Tumblr theme. I’ve had this idea for a while since @sesh mentioned to me that he would like a Tumblr theme that “looks pretty much like the Boston Big Picture”.
So that was what inspired me to make this theme. Images are displayed big and are resized to fit to the size of your screen - however this will only happen on photo posts.
The Boston Polaroid theme has the following features:
- Photo post images are resized to fit your viewport, with a maximum width of 1280 pixels
- Photo post images will also resize if you change your browser size after the page has loaded
- To prevent long loading times for multiple images on one page (e.g. the blog index), Boston Polaroid uses LazyLoad to prevent images from being loaded until they are in the viewport
- You can use ‘j’ and ‘k’ on the keyboard to navigate up and down between posts. If you reach the end you will be transported back to the top.
- Permalink photo pages will automatically scroll to the viewing area that will show the whole image after loading
- You can change the header colour, description colour, header background, header bottom border, link colour, body colour and heading colour from the appearance panel
- Boston Polaroid supports Disqus comments, you just need to enter your shortname into the appearance panel
If you have any questions/comments/bugs - please comment below or send me an email - firstname.lastname@example.org.
To install Boston Polaroid please go to the Tumbr theme garden - http://www.tumblr.com/theme/13607